Sunday, August 03, 2008

You'll Never Escape the Dark Side!!!

This has been the mantra at my house this weekend. And, unfortunately for Michael, the thorn in his side.

THE OLD JOB - THE ONE HE HATED AND LEFT 33 DAYS AGO - THE ONE THAT WE PRAYED HIM OUT OF - THE ONE WE PLEADED WITH GOD OVER...THAT ONE! THEY CALLED ON FRIDAY AND HAVE CONTINUED TO CALL (CONSTANTLY) ALL WEEKEND!!!!

The calls started Friday morning, when "Old Boss" called to thank Michael for some work he'd done on Thursday evening for them, then stated he'd like to "catch up". That was code for, "really, I'm lying to you and just want you to call me so that I can ask - no, scratch that - tell you to fix our network because it's broken and we are completely clueless on how to fix it and make it work!" And, the calls didn't stop. They called at least a dozen times yesterday, stopping around 9PM, then picked up again around 9AM this morning!

Can I tell you how badly I just wanted Michael to give me phone?!?! All I wanted to do was to give "Old Boss" a piece of my mind; to tell him where he could go; to tell him what he could with his network that is no longer Michael's responsibility; to tell him to get his new employee to fix it and to leave my husband alone! To freaking take his his network and to stick it where....well, you get the point! And, do you know that at 9PM last night, I finally permission to do it? Yes, Michael finally agreed, at his witt's end, to let me answer the phone if it dared to ring again.

IT DIDN'T!!! I was so totally ready to finally say what I've been wanting to say to "Old Boss" for 2 1/2 years. And he didn't call back!!! Talk about frustrating - the phone had been ringing all day, and the one time I wanted it to ring, it didn't! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

So, after a full day of company yesterday, then family over today after church, an appointment for a potential new client (or side-job) that lasted a few hours, and ruined plans for family time this weekend, Michael finally spent about 4 hours looking at the network and fixed the problem(s). But, not before having to tell the bozos at the old job to "stop messing with things, stop changing settings, stop touching anything, and for heaven's sake STOP CALLING!!!" Granted, they didn't stop touching things and he had tell them again (and again) to leave it all alone - and to stop calling him - but, can I just announce to the world that my husband is "The Man"!!!

I will shout it from the roof-tops and announce it for all of blogdom...my hubby is "The Man". He not only fixed the original problem they were having on Friday, but also fixed all of the other errors that too many hands in the pot can cause (changed settings, errors all over the place, etc.). Yes, my dear, sweet, stressed-out and exhausted hubby was able to correct the problems and to get the network running as it should.

And yes, he will be compensated monetarily for all of the time he spent (we're talking a total of about 12+ hours), but the point was that he shouldn't have been hounded & bothered in the first place! And no amount of money can bring back the missed opportunity to spend time with the kiddos in the pool, and to kick back with a friend that will be moving across the country in a short amount of time. And, although one of the guys he used to work with has apologized all over himself for not being able to fix the problem himself, "Old Boss" has never once apologized for bothering us; never once said "if it's not too much trouble, would you mind?". Nada! Its just been expected that Michael would do this because its somehow his responsibility. Yeah right! I told Michael that should "Old Boss" dare to call again, he'd better hold onto his hat because I'm so done letting him ruin & run our lives... This is why Michael doesn't work for this man any longer - Praise the Lord!!!!

And just think, it only took 31 days for them to take Michael & I back to square one of non-relaxing, stressed-out, stupid company bothering us and ruining our weekend stress!!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Michael is too nice -much like my husband...it is tough to say no and shut the door, hypothetically speaking, but sometimes it needs to be done. Glad he has a new job!

Angela DeRossett said...

Looked for an email for you--am I missing it? From the journal post..

YES!!!! I would love it if you would steal it. If you date them they will even be able to keep track of how much they mature year to year in their prayers. My kids plan on adding 'answered' to the end of the ones that are answered clearly. Warms my heart! :)

Katrina said...

I totally feel your frustration! I hope Old Boss got the message (and if he didn't, hopefully you'll be the one who answers the phone next time he calls!) But what a guy your Michael is--such a good example of having a servant's heart even in unpleasant circumstances. I hope you're able to recapture your peace soon!