Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
I am laughing hysterically because Michael just informed me that he & Morgann had another conversation about this (read it first!)
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Today has been a busy day, so the fact that I forgot...wait, let me back up for a second to fill in a few blanks for you all.
My morning started early (7:15 is early for me!) so I dragged myself out of my warm, comfy bed and showered. I managed to get fully dressed (this means hair was done & makeup was applied) before the carpet cleaner showed up at the door at 8:15AM. While our carpets were being cleaned, Ian & I sequestered ourselves in his bedroom to work/play for a few hours. Around 10:45 Ian & I had a playdate scheduled at our local Chick-fil-A with some of our MOPS friends, then we hit the bank, then headed home for a bit. We were home for about an hour when I received a phone call from my MIL indicating that she would be leaving her house, which meant that Ian & I needed to leave as well - we were going to meet her at a nearby store so that she could pass off my 2 older monkies who had spent last night with her. Afterward, we hit Target to grab a few things, then headed home again.
While driving home, my younger sister called, so I answered and began what turned out to be a long conversation about allot of different topics - your basic chit-chat between sisters :) When we got home, I pulled into the garage, told all of the kids to grab their stuff and put it away, taking care not to track dirt onto my still damp carpets in the process, then proceeded with my conversation. I walked into the house, put my stuff away, then began lighting candles scattered around the house...all while chatting away. Morgann & Alex put their things away, then proceeded to interrupt me about 10 times each, both asking to go play with the neighbor kids who were out in the front yard swinging (on their tree swing). I stopped talking with my sister long enough to make sure they had put all of their things away, then gave them permission to go play outside for a bit. They took off out the door, and I continued my conversation.
About 30 seconds later, Morgann & Alex came back in and stood in the doorway, staring at me, but not saying a word - which is odd since they'd just spent the better part of 5 minutes following me around the house taking turns interrupting my phone call! Anyway, I looked at them with a curious look, but didn't bother to ask what was going on. Alex simply looked at me and said, "What about Ian?".
I gave him a look, told my sister to hold on, then said, "Yes, Ian can go play too", then went right back to my phone call.
"No mom! What about Ian? He's still in the car!"
"Oh my gosh! Hold on, Ian is still in the car!" while running out the door at break-neck pace. At this point, my younger sister is laughing hysterically and scolding me for being such a bad mother, but I'm only half-way listening as I run, thinking to myself the exact same thing.
Since I was busily talking to my baby sister, catching up on the events of her spring break trip to Florida last week, discussing life away at college, and just general nothing-ness, I had managed to forget to unbuckle Ian from the car seat that he cannot yet undo on his own! When I finally made it back to the car, he had huge crocodile tears and was breathless - I can only assume he had been yelling & crying in hopes that his dear mommy would come back to release him from the confines of his car seat. When he jumped out of his chair, I tried to hold him, but he simply pushed me away and exited the car on his own accord - apparently he had a few hurt feelings as well - go figure!
Yes, I think I deserve the Mother of the Year award, don't you?
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
6 years of remembering this date, and yet it still hurts. Maybe one day it won't hurt quite as bad...
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
...and getting ready to lose my mind! If I have complained about being busy before, I was an idiot! I had no idea what 'busy' really meant. My life is upside down, turned inside out, and I feel like my head has been disconnected from my body!!! Life is moving at break-neck pace and I am definitely not keeping up. My to-do list keeps growing, yet I don't seem to be crossing anything off of the list :( Here is but a sampling of that list:
1) Finish inputing data for Customer B into Quickbooks. This would include completely entering data for 3 months of check writing/bill payments, then reconciling bank & credit card statements. Should have been done with this last Tuesday, but not sure where the time has gone...
2) Keep up with customer A, file big stack of paperwork that just keeps growing, create a few more file folders for 2008, put a few more 2007 items away, answer phones as can and schedule appointments.
3) Do laundry 3 days too early because we've all worn almost everything in our drawers/closets...and it's only Wednesday!
4) Grocery shop and get things that we can actually eat for dinner! You know after spending $150 at the store today buying things that we apparently cannot have for dinner. Then add to the list items for guests that will be staying with us this weekend since I didn't think about that before going the 1st time.
5) Pull together 6 plastic, filled eggs and be sure to get them to school tomorrow with Morgann.
6) Crap! Just remembered that Morgann also needs $2...check wallet...no cash! Double Crap!!! Go to the bank when Michael gets home from work because I know that I will not remember to get the cash on the way into school tomorrow.
7) Work on read-together project for Alex's homework tonight...somehow finding time & a little piece of quiet with him.
8) Figure out what we will eat for dinner tonight and get that going. Probably settle on frozen pizza and salad.
9) Move furniture around when Michael gets home, then move all of the toys to the appropriate rooms - this is no small feat (and will probably take multiple days) since that means that I will be clearing out the playroom to make space for the office that will be moving upstairs soon!
10) Watch American Idol :)
See? I'm so busy that even American Idol fell to a lowly #10!!! What is this world coming to????
Monday, March 03, 2008
I'm a Porsche 911!
You have a classic style, but you're up-to-date with the latest technology. You're ambitious, competitive, and you love to win. Performance, precision, and prestige - you're one of the elite, and you know it.
Judy posted this link onto her blog, so I decided to take it. I have to say that I'm not even slightly surprised by the results... :)