Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Pausing to Remember

Hi all. I'm writing to ask all of my readers and friends to please be praying for my family over the course of this week. Yesterday, we received the tragic news that a very, very close friend of our family's had taken her own life. She had been very ill for years and it seems that the pain was just too much for her to bear any longer. I will not go into all of the details, but this woman just happened to be my mother's best friend, and as close to a 2nd mother to me and my sisters as anyone could be. Her passing was just 1 week after the 5 year anniversary of my mother's passing. Whether or not this was a coincidence or not, we will never know. But, by having to deal with her sudden death, many memories of loss and hurt are being dredged up for all of us.

Please remember her family in your prayers, as well as the church she & her husband founded and pastored.

I will return at some point next week when I can see the sunshine through the clouds.

God Bless!
Jenn

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I pray God will hold you all close during this difficult time. *hugs*

Amy said...

Jenn,

You and your family as well as all those touched by this tragedy are in my prayers. God will bring you comfort and peace in this incredibly difficult time.

Amy

Judy said...

Thinking of you Jenn...prayers for you and your family.