Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Recipe Exchange

Ok, so if you are anything like me, you want to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen cooking dinner. Personally, I hate to cook, but eating out on a regular basis at $50 per meal isn't working very well with our budget. So, this would be why I thought I would see if I could get my friends in blog-land to participate in a recipe exchange with me. Consider yourself tagged if you are reading this....and please comment if you choose to participate.

The Rules are simple: Simply post 1 or 2 favorite, family-friendly recipe on your blog, then comment on this one so that I know you particpated. Easy-Breezy! I figured if you all participated, then your readers participated, we'd get enough new dinner ideas to last for a while! And on a side-note, should you participate, you will be my hero - I hate to cook (oh, did I already mention that?) and need some new ideas!!!!

So here is a recent new recipe I tried - the kids were split on whether they liked it or not, but Michael & I enjoyed it:

Chicken & Sour Cream Enchiladas with Green Sauce
Ingredients:
2 Lg. chicken breasts, browned and shredded
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1/4 C water
1 Sm. carton of heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp sour cream
1-2 C Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 jar Green Tomatillo Sauce*
*purchased at HEB grocery store, but you can find it anywhere
Tortillas

Heat oven to 350^. Brown chicken breasts, then shred. Return shredded chicken to skillet, add 1/2 pack of taco seasoning and water; mix well. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and heavy whipping cream, until blended. Shred cheese into a different small bowl and set aside. Warm tortillas in the microwave to soften (we used flour, but you can use corn if you prefer).

Take 1 tortilla, add small portion of shredded chicken, sprinkle of shredded cheese, roll and place into baking dish (might spray with cooking spray first!). Continue until the dish is full. Pour sour cream/cream mixture over the top, add more shredded cheese, then top with desired amount of green tomatillo sauce.

Cover & bake for 20 minutes; remove foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more, until sauce is bubbly. Remove from the oven and let stand for at least 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken just slightly. Enjoy!!!!

Thanks for humoring me! Hope to see your comments & recipes soon!!!!

*If this works like I hope it will, then I'll add more favorite recipes every so often :)

3 comments:

Membership Required said...

I will try this exchange program. I just posted a yummy keeper on my blog. Come check it out. I think it was on Sunday.ML

Angela DeRossett said...

YUM! Those enchiladas look wonderful! I will have to try those soon!

Judy said...

Just posted a recipe for you tonight!