Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Change in Scenery

Well, it appears that Eduard didn't want to visit Galveston, and made a last-minute turn for the North. So, we aren't going to get the winds & rain they had forecast for us today. But, it's still raining and, I expect, we'll still end up flooded into our subdivision before the day is over. All of the entrances are low, so anytime we get constant rain for long periods of time, we end up with lots & lots of water all around - never any danger to us or our house - well, unless you are Michael and decide to drive your Nissan Altima into water above tires!!! But, that's a story for another time :)

Suffice it to say that I will decline any offers for the life boat I had inquired about last night. I think we can ride this one out!

2 comments:

Judy said...

yeah, it is looking like a bit of rain for you guys and that's about it. My in-laws (naturally) went overboard in preparation and are now sitting in a house with all the relatives watching it SPRINKLE. Fun times, so glad I'm here!

Amy said...

Glad to hear you've missed the heart of it.