Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer, Summer - Go Away!

Can someone tell me when the summer is going to end? I cannot see the forest through the trees right now. I'm way too busy for my own good, and my poor kiddos are starting to get the "I'm bored" syndrome. School needs to start soon because I am running way behind on EVERYTHING and have no idea where to start to catch-up! I do know that its not going to happen until I am child-free - well, almost child-free since Alex will be homeschooling. But at least he can work solo off & on throughout the day. Morgann & Ian are just bored and are constantly looking for me to entertain them - and I don't have time to do that right now! I've done really well, up to this point, but now I'm starting to fall behind - waaay behind - and need a reprieve.

Anyone else feel that way?

3 comments:

Katrina said...

My kids are definitely getting bored, but I still feel like the summer's flying by too fast, maybe because I'm teaching this year and I'm NOT READY YET! LOL... School will start before we know it--I already see school supplies for sale at all the major retailers. It's going to be a year of adventure! (I can't wait to hear your tales of homeschooling!)

Judy said...

I remember this feeling from last year - the end of July and most of August was frustrating and more for us. This year, though, Scott got smart. He is off this week, so I'm typing this from ROCKPORT right now (YAY!!!). Next week, I found a great art camp that goes for 2 hours a day at the children's museum in NB and is only $15 for the WEEK because we're members. Then, the following week is our church's day camp...plenty to keep us busy!

But, I do remember that feeling you are having from last year...how about a few playdates???

Misti said...

Summer's going by way too fast for me. So much left to do in the house and to get ready for the new school year. I really wish we could have taken a vacation this year then that would have helped with the boredom. Jacob and Jordan did go away for a whole week, but I was ready for my 2 biggest helpers to come back home. Anyway, it will be here soon. Hang in there!