Monday, July 02, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Well, the title says it all! Yes, it is in fact raining here again today - or it did for most of the day. Thankfully, at 10:18PM, the raining has stopped. But, the forecast for tomorrow? Isolated Thunderstorms. The forecast for Wednesday? Scattered Thunderstorms. Thursday? Isolated/Scattered Thunderstorms. And so it goes for the entire 10-day forecast.

My first question is this: Can someone please explain the difference between 'scattered' and 'isolated'? A thunderstorm is a thunderstorm as far as I'm concerned. And it definitely concerns me when it's thunderstorming on my house each & every day! For the last 3 months it's been nothing but rain -sometimes only a drizzle, sometimes it's coming down by buckets. But, it literally precipitates every day. Can I tell you how sick I am of rain???? Can you tell???? Do I have a bad attitude???? Can I tell you that I'm really worried about whether or not we will ever see the sun again????

And, here I was thinking that I had planned the perfect summer-fun this year! Right in our own backyard, a trampoline and a pool! How much more fun could it get? What reason could we possibly have to stay inside of the house when so much outdoor fun awaits? Oh wait! I forgot...it's raining...again!!!!

And, just to prove that I am indeed doing my best to find the positive, at least the electric bill won't get up to $675 again this year! With all of the rain, it's keeping things cool, if not a bit soggy, so the A/C isn't running constantly like it did this time last year. So far, we're still in the high $200's so I'm trying to be thankful for the savings.

That's about all of the positive I can muster for now.


2 comments:

Amy said...

$675 electric bill?! Holy catmandu!!

It's raining here today, thunderstorms and hail predicted for later. So much for fireworks. But, I'm home, scrapbooking, watching Wimbledon and loving every minute of it.

The sun will shine again, think of how much you will LOVE that day!

Judy said...

I think I would faint if our electric bill was ever over $175! WOW!

Just got back this afternoon from your neck of the woods - I actually had intended to email you and see if you wanted to meet up Tuesday since my in-laws were at work and we were, well, stuck at their house. BUT, their house was struck by lightning last week and they lost their COMPUTER and failed to tell me! Sheesh! (haha)

Anyway, I can so sympathize with the rain after being over there. If it is any consolation, it is just as bad over here. We haven't had a dry day since early June, just like you guys.