Sunday, July 15, 2007

Up to my eyeballs in MOPS!

I'm still underneath about a foot of MOPS paperwork, preparing for our upcoming summer retreat. It is at this retreat that we will plan an entire year in just 1 1/2 short days (Friday night through Sunday at noon). It's a busy, semi-stressful retreat, rather than being the typical fun-get-away retreat that most of you might be more familiar with. But, by the time we say our goodbyes to each other that Sunday afternoon, the year is planned.

But my work will just be getting underway at that point. I am the Finance/Membership coordinator, so it is my job to keep our budget updated (something that will go under a full over-haul during the weekend), and our membership database as current as it can be. Our first meeting in August or September will find me sitting at a table all by myself, making sure that every smiling face that enters our doors receives the Member Handbook, a packet of forms that they need to fill out and return to me, and a bank bag full of dues payments. As you can imagine, I will be really busy for a few weeks getting membership info updated or added into our database, but once that is completed, I'm hoping that my life will slow down for a while - well, until January rolls around and we have new members join us, existing members leave us, and everyone has to pay their Spring dues.

So, it is until the time that I find myself well into our MOPS year, that my blogging will be rather sporadic. I will not completely disappear and will definitely make a point of reading my favorite blogs as often as I can find the time. But, unless something that is really blog-worthy happens in my house, I will probably only post every so often. Please promise me that you will not stop checking back often, as I love to get the occasional comment from my friends :)

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hey, before you get too busy, I have a meme for you over on my blog!

I'm apparently now in charge of the Moppets curriculum for our group. It just fell under my church job description about, oh 24 hours ago.

Katrina said...

Sounds like you've really found a volunteer organization that you feel passionately about--wonderful! I know how much MOPS has helped young moms across the country find friendship and encouragement, and I hope you have a terrific year!