Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Saddle up your Horses!

This week is VBS at our church. Last year I volunteered and enjoyed every minute of it. But this year, I decided to give someone else the opportunity to fill that need. I've become one of the "drop-and-run" parents and I'm loving it :) This year's theme is "Avalanche Ranch, where kids take a wild ride through God's word!"

So, while Alex & Morgann go to Avalanche Ranch every day from 9-noon, Ian and I are enjoying our quiet time together. Right now, he's quiet...and I'm really
enjoying it :)

Now, if the rain will just NOT come today, maybe we'll be able to enjoy our backyard oasis of fun! Granted, enjoying it means sloshing across a muddy backyard where the grass is too tall, fighting the mosquitoes that are at epidemic levels this year, and freezing our tooshies off should we dare to enter the pool - rain water makes it very cold! - but, hey, at least it won't be raining.... So, here's to hoping for a dry, rain-less day :)

Update: 11:20AM - It's raining - hard! Darn it....

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hey, that's the one our church is doing as well! :-)

Gads, if you guys get no rain today, please blow some of the dryness this way - we've already had almost an inch today on top of the river running through my backyard (the drainage ditch in our subdivision was "tube-able" yesterday - I may live in tube-city, but that doesn't mean I want to LIVE IN tube city!).

Katrina said...

Sounds like a fun theme! I'm sure your kids will love it. We're going to be out of town for this year's VBS, so it will be my first time not volunteering in a long time!

By the way, I tagged you to do a meme over on my blog (if you have time!) You can find the details on my June 26 post!