Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Virtual Coctail Party

I just came from Three Kid Circus where Jen had a virtual cocktail party and invited others to partake. I thought it might be fun to see what I could come up with, so here it goes:

1) I used to be a ballet dancer. I danced 16 hours a week up until the 9th grade, which is when my parents moved us to Dallas. I tried attending a few other dance schools, but never found one that I enjoyed, so I just sort of gave it up. I also taught ballet for a while at the private school I attended. Have to say that I never really enjoyed teaching, but I did it because I had about 25 people in attendance on a weekly basis, and the little bit of money I made was nice. Before the move, I was convinced that I would become a prima ballerina and would go on to star on TV with my favorite stars.

2) More on my favorite stars: I had 2 major crushes in junior high. One was for "The Ricker", Ricky Schroeder from Silver Spoons; the other was Kirk Cameron. Both of these boys held my affections for several years. I have to admit that when I see Rick Schroeder on TV now, I still get a little weak-kneed :) I actually wrote letters to these guys all of the time, in hopes that I'd catch their attention and they'd want to meet me! Sad, I know!

3) The first person I actually 'dated' was the man I married! Yes, you read that right. My parents were very strict and had told us long ago that it wasn't necessary to date. So, I went with it. I had no other choice, really. Anyway, I always had tons of guy-friends, but never really any boy-friends. I tried going out with 1 guy right after high school, but after 3 dates, it sort of creeped me out because he was way more interested in me that I was in him. So, I decided that it would be much easier to hang out with groups than to be alone with just one person. My best friend through high school (and afterward) and I managed to hang with a group of 5 guys for several years. We went everywhere together and had a ton of fun!!! We always took each other to dinner for birthdays, invited each other over and took turns having parties, would call the group when we needed a pick-me-up or just wanted to go see a movie :) It worked out really well, and we had full trust that these guys would do anything to protect us! I still keep tabs on a few of them. Anyway, Michael & I hung out with our singles group for several months before going out alone. But, obviously things worked out :) I don't feel like I missed out on much by not dating around, except maybe the broken heart and problems that come with dating. God brought my perfect match to me when the time was right!

4) I have a thing for wet hair. I cannot stand it and it makes me want to vomit. Just typing this has given me chill-bumps. It takes allot for me to deal with my kids wet hair - especially my daughter who has long hair that requires lots of brushing. Even my hair grosses me out when it's wet. If it gets tangled in my fingers while I'm washing it, the only thing that matters to me is to get if off of my hand as quickly as possible. Another odd (and maybe personal) thing is that I cannot exit the shower or bathtub until all the of the 'wet' is gone. I have to completely towel dry my entire body, and wrap my hair into a towel, to be sure that all of the 'drips' are gone. I cannot stand to walk across wet carpet or floors, or dry carpet or floors with wet feet, so it's a necessity to be totally dry before departing the bathing area!!!

5) I have an OCD confession: When loading the dishwasher, I alternate 'fork, knife, spoon' when placing dirty silverware into the basket. Once there is 1 of each item, I will start the cycle over until all sections are equal. If there is an uneven amount of silverware (for instance, 2 extra spoons and 1 extra knife) I will be sure to place them into the appropriate section so that when extra forks are dirtied, I can add them and keep the basket sections even. It's really sad, I know, but I just can't help myself. I will actually go back and reload the silverware after hubby has done the dishes, just to be sure it's done 'correctly'. You know, if you have too many of 1 item together, they will 'fit' together and won't get cleaned - the spoons will all merge and then the ones that are sandwiched together will still be dirty!

So there you have it! A little weird stuff on me that you might not ever know. Of course, none of this will change your life, but it might change your opinions of me :) Anyway, if you're interested in participating, then feel free. The object is to tell 5 little known facts about yourself that your blog-friends might not otherwise know.

Have fun :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

This is too fun!! I think we all have a little OCD in us, don't we? Love your dishwasher arranging!!

Jenny said...

Haaa! You're awesome! I love this meme.

Anonymous said...

Sadly I do the exact same thing. If I absolutely have to put more than one spoon in the same slot I flip it upside down.