Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Really Bad Day

Let's see, I don't even know where to begin. Today started out fairly normal, but quickly went downhill beginning with Ian playing with my perfume. This is something he has done on numerous occasions and even with multiple spankings and scoldings, closing my bedroom door, and even 'getting down to his level to discuss what he's done', it makes no difference. He still managed to cover my bed and himself with about 1/3 of what was left in the bottle. Then he moved on to the bathroom sink where he played happily in the water until I rounded the corner. He took off running in the opposite direction until I caught him and reprimanded him for the umpteenth time. I might not have minded the water-play since it helped to wash away the perfume, but the full-to-almost-overflowing sink with water all of the floor is what I didn't appreciate! It wasn't long before he emptied out the wipes container, poured water all over the carpet in the upstairs hallway, and broke a toy electric drum set! And just when I thought the rampage was over, it started again! Oh yeah, forgot to mention this all occurred before lunch.

After lunch, it was off to bed with his bad-self, but not for long. Three more back-to-beds later and I dumped him into his playpen so he couldn't escape another time! I think he might have slept for maybe an hour, thanks to his older sister that also refused to stay in her room for 'rest time'. She dropped something in the bathroom where she was playing, which of course, woke him up.

But, I was hoping against hope that maybe he'd gotten rid of the 'bad-boy' bug!

Our after nap-time day went as follows: play in the water some more, pour it on big sister and myself, walk through it, then remove all wet clothes. Proceed to remove dirty pull-up (which mom just put on me) and drop it dirty-side-down on my sister's carpet. Run around upstairs with a dirty bottom, then pee on a picture on my sister's carpet.

At this point, Morgann came screaming downstairs and breathlessly told me what all had transpired within the last 5 minutes (I kid you not! I'd been back downstairs for maybe 5 mintues!!!). So, then it was back upstairs where I had to somehow clean up the poopy mess, and the carpet!

This evening hasn't improved! Ian's dinner ended up the trash, and he's going to bed with only what he had eaten before deciding to fill his plate with first ranch dressing, then water. The food on the plate was actually floating!

Granted, I'm in a horrible mood and I am being 'mean mommy', but I just cannot help it. Between the constant whining from Morgann, and Ian being everywhere he shouldn't be, I've totally lost control of my emotions. I'm physically exhausted. Not only have I cleaned, and re-cleaned, then re-cleaned again, the living room, I've srubbed toilets (the only thing you can actually tell that got cleaned today!) and spent the balance of the day cleaning up after Ian's tirade through the house. There are still remnants...

Suffice it to say, all children will be in bed by 6PM this evening. Mean mommy has had it!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Poor mommy! You definitely had one of those days we all dread! The good news: you made it! It's over! Put on your jammies, dance a tarantella in the living room, collapse onto the couch and demand pampering for the rest of the night! :D

I am feeling sympathetic mommy pains on your behalf! Tomorrow will be better (it has to be, right?)

(By the way, thank you so much for the sweet comment on my Dear Katie post--that really made my day!)

Amy said...

I think you and I are on the same emotional roller coaster right now. I'm exhausted just reading this. Sometimes I forget how physically demanding LM was when he was little. I hope you did exactly as Katrina prescribed and had a little time to yourself. May today be a better day for all.