Friday, August 12, 2005

Back to Normal?

I don't know if I can truly say that or not, but we're getting close, I guess. Our definition of normal around here is what is typically going on for the better part of the year, which in this case is school. Alex has been attending preschool since he was 3, and both Alex & Morgann attended the same private preschool last year - he in K4 on Tues & Thurs, she in Mother's Day Out on Thurs. The peace & quiet was absolutely wonderful, but not long enough. Alex's class ended at 1PM and Morgann's at 2:30, and since they didn't start the day until 9AM, I was only allowed 4 hours (3 1/2 if you take out the drive-time) on my own. And, considering I had a newborn baby at home, I still wasn't alone! But, I'm not complaining! It was truly a blessing that we could afford to have our children in a private school with such an awesome reputation, and that I was given this downtime to sleep, eat, clean, etc. with my new baby :)

So, here we are on day 3 of the school year and things are going smoothly. I'm fully expecting a 'bump' at any time, but until then, I'm enjoying the ride :) Alex has made a new friend - also a kindergartner - up the street at the next bus stop, so watching them run & embrace each other this morning was fun! I was concerned about him making friends right away, but apparently I was wasting energy being concerned at all!! I will be taking Morgann to her school this afternoon for "Meet the Teacher", so she's very excited about that - we all are! She'll begin her 2 day a week preschool classes on Tuesday, so, again, I will have a bit of time for myself. My hope is that I can, at some point anyway, join a local health club, and begin working on getting my body back to it's former self. I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear, and it's killing me! So, my goal is to drop Morgann off at 9AM on Tues & Thurs, then I'll head straight to the gym where Ian can play in the daycare center for an hour or so while I whip my butt back into shape - literally!

On that note, I think I'll sign off. Since I've been up since 6:30AM - the days are getting earlier & earlier around here! - I'm leaning toward laying down on the couch for about 30 minutes before I start getting myself ready to leave for Meet the Teacher. To everyone that reads this entry today, I hope you each have a wonderful day! And for the mommies that frequent my entries, you should take the advice of Jelly Mom and enjoy exploring the world around you :)

0 comments: