Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Another Big Day

So, today was Morgann's first day of preschool - Yea!!! She was so brave and excited - she went right in, helped me to place her 'too heby" lunch box into the designated lunch box basket, then went on to play with the playdough placed on one of the tables. I was like the paparazzi snapping all sorts of pictures of her as she played away. I decided to stick around to be certain that the 2 screaming children that were left at the same time we got there would not ruffle her feathers or get her upset, but I think I probably could have left right away and it wouldn't have made a difference! I guess that since she was fairly familiar with the school already, it wasn't any big deal for her to be there again this year! Thank God!!!

I really have no idea how her day went since grandma picked her up and there was no written report in her backpack, but I'm guessing that things went fine since I didn't get a phone call during the day telling me otherwise. I can say, very proudly, that she made it through her first day of school with no 'accidents'! She came home in the same panties she left the house in this morning :) She has actually been fully potty trained for about 3 weeks now, but I was worried that being in a different place with strange people might cause her to 'hold it' or to 'not hold it', but, again, I wasted my energy being worried about her.

I guess we've done pretty well at raising 2 very independent kiddos. Now, if I can just leave the room without Ian totally coming apart, then I'll know I've accomplished something!

0 comments: