Thursday, May 07, 2009

Seriously????

Ok, I'm a planner...well, maybe that isn't exactly true. Most of the time, we fly by the seat of our pants in this house. Everything is done at the last minute, very rarely scheduled, and when it is scheduled, is very rarely done on time!

Ok, now that that is off my chest....I am a planner! When something carries great importance or value to me or my family, it is planned. I am the one that plans the holiday get-togethers, 3 months before (Thanksgiving is planned and settled in September, at the latest!), I get the family together for special events that I know are coming down the road, I plan the parties and organize them, and I am the one that picks up the slack when someone close to me needs help and has way too much to handle and is out of their element. I AM A PLANNER!

So, this faith thing is really getting to me. I feel like Peter, out in the middle of the water, yelling for Jesus to save me. Seriously. That is me, right now! Nothing is coming together and deadlines are approaching. Everything that I keep setting my mind & heart on are colapsing right in front of my eyes. I am literally sick right now because my nerves cannot take anymore - literally sick people!!!

And yet I can do nothing else but trust all of my plans to the Lord. He says to be anxious about nothing (easier said than done God!!!) and I know He is talking to me. He is sitting back on his thrown, one leg crossed over the other, arms folded, and shaking his head...I know He is! He is wondering when I will let go. But I can't - its not that easy! I need to know that its all going to work out, that we haven't made a horrid mistake, that everything is going to work out at the right time, and that I am not a complete idiot.

So I will try, yet again, to trust Him. But seriously, a little bit of good news would be nice...

2 comments:

cori said...

Hey Jenn,

I know the boat you're in. Remember the whole VA experience? :) I feel your pain, worry, fear, reluctance. But remember, everything that happens in this life isn't about the outcome, but about the journey...the process God goes thru day in and day out to draw us closer to Him. Trusting his timing is never easy...but it is a wonderful lesson in how to trust. He is still good even if things don't work out our way. You will live through this and grow through this and be better off no matter what happens (if it all works out how you hoped or if everything falls thru). I'm praying that God will give you peace thru-out this time to just rest in him and enjoy the journey. *hugs*

BTW - LOVE, love, love the new background! Chuck's been working on a new one for me and has yet to get it out there...ugh!

Amy said...

We are currently reading "One Month to Live: 30 Days to a No-Regrets Life" and one of the things they talk about is the idea of monkey bars. Are we holding on, white knuckled, afraid to let go? Are we trying to do this all on our own? At what point do we realize that God is waiting to catch us and to show us the things he has in store for us that are sooooo much more than what we have imagined!! Let go!! Let God!! Know that his plan for you is amazing and incredible!! He will not lead you TO something to not lead you THROUGH it!!

Prayers are with you!