Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Its been waaaaaaay too long...

...since I have posted anything to my blog! I am so sorry that I have been MIA, but life has been handing me one ball after another for a very long time. I currently have so many balls in the air, I am just waiting to see which one I will drop first!

The good news is that Michael & I have been praying (for a while) about buying a house, and finally found THE ONE! I don't want to go into too many details right now, since things are still very sketchy and uncertain, but we feel like God is telling us to walk forward, trusting Him each step of the way, so we are doing just that. We are in total "faith" mode right now. Its been very stressful, and will probably continue to be for quite a while, since we are actually building. BUT, if God lays things out and gives this to us, we are going to be very happy indeed! A special friend told me the other day, "the joy is in the journey." I am truly believing that even with the stress, we will find joy following our gut instincts and trusting the Lord to lead us through this process. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you look at the facts & figures, but with God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

Our hearts desire is to finally have a "home" to live in, permanently. We want our kiddos to be settled, to grow up in the same house, move away, then have a home to come back to whenever they want. We want them to have stability. We want to own our home, to do whatever we want to do in our home, without worrying about deposits and landlords. We want to get to know our neighbors, to put down deep roots in our subdivision, and to be established and settled. Not to mention...WE ARE SO TIRED OF MOVING!!!!! So, we have taken the first step and signed a preliminary contract to begin construction in early June. September/October will be here before we know it!

God has to move BIG on our behalf - and I know He will!

More to come...

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Woowoo! Congrats on taking those first steps! The wonderful thing about building is that you'll be able to tailor your home to exactly your family's needs and tastes. How exciting! Be sure to keep us up to date with pictures! :D

Judy said...

Aw, that is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to hear about your new house!

Allison said...

I'm so happy for you guys. You so deserve it!!!