Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Note of Caution

While opening one of my Christmas presents today, a new, giant, non-stick skillet that I've been wanting for a while, I decided to take a quick second to read the enclosed "instructions" to be sure I didn't need to do anything to the non-stick surface of the pan before or during the first use. While reading, I came across this little gem:

"Caution: For safety, please keep pet birds out of the kitchen. Birds' respiratory systems are sensitive to many kinds of household fumes, including the fumes from extremeley overheated non-stick pans."

Um, apparently this has a been a problem in Italy, where the pan was made? And, let me me add that this is the one & only warning on the entire instruction sheet. So, please don't keep your pet bird in the kitchen! Consider yourself warned...

0 comments: