Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Happy Wife

Imagine my surprise to find a card laying on my bathroom counter this morning! My hubby had not only remembered that today was my birthday (which didn't really surprise me because he's never forgotten it before), but that he had actually gone to the card shop, purchased a card, and left it for me to find as a surprise! It was a wonderful surprise :)

But, what I read inside was truly the best gift I could have possibly received today. I can think of nothing better than for a husband to make his wife so happy that she would cry. What he wrote truly touched me, and I'm very happy to say that he is my husband and that I love him!

"You are a beautiful and exceptional woman, wife and mommy".

Could there be a better compliment? So, for all of the complaining I do, the breakdowns I have on a fairly regular basis, and the times I feel like I could have done something better with my life...Michael, you made it all worth it by that one little sentence. Thank you!

3 comments:

Harleys said...

Aww! That is so sweet. My birthday is next week. I may leave your post on the computer screen for my hubby for inspiration - hee hee.

Katrina said...

How wonderful to feel appreciated! As we say in my family: he done good. You are obviously an incredible blessing to your husband and kids--and it doesn't get any better than that!

Happy Birthday!!!

Rabbity-Sniff said...

I didn't even get to the part that he wrote to you and I was crying too - how wonderful when the most important person in our life here on earth validates all our efforts like that. If only they knew that it only takes one little sentence like that to fill up our love tanks. I think they do know, it's just hard for them to keep it in mind.

Your husband picked the right time and the right words - Happy Birthday Jennifer!