Monday, November 07, 2005

8 Things you never thought you'd say...

Can you believe, 2 posts in 1 day?!?

Actually, this has nothing to do with Chaotic Adventures or Life Lessons, but I thought it was really funny :) I am an avid reader of 2 magazines, People & Parenting. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other, but both are what I'd consider my basic necessities in life...one has great advice & beautifully written stories from other mothers; one has great stories about absolutely nothing and makes a great read during my occassional bubble baths :)

So, that said, the below statements come from the better of the 2 magazines and I could identify with almost all of them. The title of this particular article was "Things you swore you'd never do":

  • "Where's the #*?%! epidural?" - Sadly, this was definitely me!
  • "I love my new breast pump!" - This is one of those that I don't recall ever saying!
  • "And then what did the princess say?" - Has someone bugged our house?!?
  • "If you behave, you can have a lollipop." - Hmmm...someone's giving away my secrets!
  • "Go ahead, no one's looking--you can pee in the bushes." - Ok, so I've said this too. Sue me!
  • "A little dog drool never hurt anyone." - This is another one that wouldn't escape my mouth - Yuck!!!
  • "Can I have one of your chicken nuggets?" - Michael? Sound familiar, dear?
  • "Horray! You're wearing undies!" - in our case it was "big girl panties".

5 comments:

Harleys said...

That is funny. In our house, the last one would refer to my six year old who goes commando a lot. It was cute when he was little, but we're starting to get concerned.:)

Jennifer said...

Debbi, you made me laugh out loud. My oldest would probably go commando if I'd let him, but when he was little, I was too afraid that he'd 'have an accident' on the carpet, the walls, the couch, or whatever :) But because good parenting is all about compromise, we allowed him to go 'Tarzan'. Now my daughter follows suit...if bubba is in his underwear, then she must be too!!! That's the rule in this house - apparently :)

Katrina said...

Heehee! Those were great! I, too, clutched the doctor by the stethoscope and demanded an epidural. When I finally got it, I was so happy and relieved (this was the end of the second full day of labor, by the way) that I offered to name the baby after the anesthesiologist. Good thing he refused, since we were having a girl!

Harleys said...

Just a clarification - he wears pants, just not underwear underneath - was that understood?

Rabbity-Sniff said...

I couldn't identify with any of them. I didn't get it (is it because it takes me a while anyway - see "about me"). I'm weird - I know. I've always known. Or it could be something I'm going through. I cannot understand anything my husband tells me lately. It's as though we've suddenly started speaking totally different languages. I keep having to ask what he meant by what he said and then I wonder what the explanation meant - and so it goes. In a way, we haven't talked for a week now if talking means understanding.

Although, I've been horribly sleep-deprived this past week. Lydie-bug gets up almost every hour at night lately and even Beebs wakes up crying and/or screaming - from dreams? or is she just upset that she can't find her barretts?

Gosh.