Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Decision

Meant to post yesterday, but the day got away from me, so you're getting 2 posts today!!! Aren't you excited?!?! Actually, its a follow-up post to my home school dilemma.

After allot of praying and thinking and talking, Michael & I have decided to allow Morgann to finish out the year in her current Kindergarten class. I think we will probably begin home schooling her next Fall. She isn't happy with our decision, but is content knowing that she will be home next year with Alex & I.

It took some time, but I finally came to the conclusion that I have way too much on my plate right now, and with the impending changes that will be taking place in our household very soon, I need to spend more time preparing to have all 3 kids at home for most of the week...beginning next year! Granted, Ian will more than likely be enrolled for at least 3 days a week for PreK, but having Morgann at home will be a big adjustment for Alex and I both. Its not something that I can jump into lightly, as I would probably fall flat on my face. And, the last thing I think I need is more pressure...my life is a little too hectic already.

So for now, things are going to remain as they are, and I am very happy with my decision. Thank you all for your prayers and advice...sometimes my emotions get the best of me and I need some outside influence from friends/family. Although now I need to start studying up on my phonics.....

1 comments:

Katrina said...

It sounds like you made a prayerful, well-reasoned decision. I think Morgann will gain a lot from the continuity of finishing out her K year in the same classroom.

Plus it will give you a lot more time to plan your strategy!