Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Breakfast Anyone?

Betty Crocker & Martha Stewart I am not. But, apparently I can make a mean waffle!

A few nights ago, while rummaging around the kitchen trying to figure out dinner, I found an un-opened box of Bisquick. So, I decided on waffles. And, as a bonus, I let the kids help mix the batter and make their own waffle (by pouring the batter onto the waffle maker). They had a blast and it made dinner very fun for everyone.

The next morning, I was bombarded with requests for more waffles. Although I had the excess batter wrapped up in the fridge, we didn't have the time to pull out the waffle iron. But I made a special point of allowing a few extra minutes yesterday to fulfill their request, and earned scores of brownie points in the process. And, I discovered that it doesn't take any more time to make a waffle with pre-made batter, than it does to pop a toaster waffle into the toaster. So, guess what my kids are asking for each morning now....and honestly, I'm having fun with it :)

1 comments:

Judy said...

Breakfast used to be one of my biggest challenges with the boys, but I'm a regular short-order cook now...usually Travis will have an omelet, a biscuit and either bacon or sausage. Tyler will have a biscuit and sausage, and then about twice a week it is either pancakes or waffles. Waffles with syrup and whipped cream for Tyler, though!