Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Her First Day...a week later!

Ok, so I've been way too busy for my own good...after much nagging by my friends, here are a few pictures of Morgann's first day of school - from last week!!! Ian won't begin school until this coming Thursday, so I promise to be a better blogger and will do my best to post pictures sooner than 9 days after they are taken, ok?!?! Enjoy :)

This would be the girl of the hour...my sweet little baby and her Kindergarten backpack. She had to wear red on Monday to be "in theme" with Ready, Set, Go! Monday was "ready", and boy was she...

This would be a picture of Morgann & her 2 best friends Emma (on the left) and Kate (on the right). While Kate & Emma are old hats at this riding the school bus thing, since they are older by a few months and were starting the 1st grade this year, Morgann enlisted their help & advice in all things school bus.

This would be my baby, boarding the bus while I chased her down to get a hug - which I did not get, by the way! She barely turned her head to acknowledge me calling her name - I think she actually caught her dad's eye at this particular moment.

And this would be my baby, no worse for the wear, at the end of her first day of Kindergarten. A little whilty perhaps after riding a non-air conditioned school bus for about 30 minutes, but just as happy as when she left!

The End!!!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Aw, very sweet! Looks like she had a fabulous first day!

Misti said...

Those are cute pictures! I bet she's loving it. Rachel is really enjoying her "school". She asks every night, "When do I get to go to my big class again?" We have been crazy busy, too. I've been running on 3-4 hours of sleep a night since August 13th. Hope all is well with y'all and hope we get to see you soon! Take care!

Misti said...

I also meant to say on my comment that I actually tried to post on my blog last night but our internet wasn't working and I was too tired to try. So I will try this weekend to post something. Talk to you soon!

mamatutwo said...

She is so cute! Hope it went well!

Katrina said...

So sweet! I love first day of school pictures! I'm hoping I'll stop feeling so rushed and frantic when I get used to teaching so I'll be able to take more pics of my kids, too...lol!