Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Celebrating Life

Yesterday was my honey's 35th birthday. In preparation for the family celebration, we worked all day to make it as happy as we could for the special man in our lives. Each child had a job to do, and I had the responsibility of documenting the day for my blog :)

We started by pulling out all of the ingredients necessary to bake the
perfect double-fudge cake for daddy.

We mixed it well and made sure there were no lumps!

Then we taste-tested!

Then double-checked to be sure it would be eatable!

Finally, we watched it bake...

...while mommy threw together a home-made lasagna!

When Morgann got home from an exhausting day at school, it was her duty to ice the cake.
She took her duties very seriously...


...working diligently to cover the entire cake well, including the sides & corners.

To finish off her masterpiece, pastel colored sprinkles were added with loving little hands.

Before dinner, Alex was given the job of counting out 35 candles, which required opening not one, but two, packages of candles!

In case you were wondering, this is what 35 candles look like when meticulously lined out :)

And, this is the section where you should see pictures of the family enjoying our dinner. I had also intended to include pictures of the cake with 35 lit candles, but due to the amount of heat being put-off, my brain temporarily took a time-out. The only thing I could think of was getting daddy to blow them out - quickly! So, I failed to take any pictures. Michael suggested re-lighting it for the photo, but I decided against that due to the potential fire hazard...not to mention all of the smoke!


So, here you can see the family enjoying ourselves after eating our cake and watching daddy open his presents, laughing and telling funny stories.

And, finally, a picture of the birthday boy that wasn't interested in having his picture taken :)

Happy 35th Birthday to a wonderful husband, father, son, brother and friend!!!

4 comments:

cori said...

Happy Birthday Micheal! You look great without your beard. I think this is the one and only time I've ever seen you with out it. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family! Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the documentation of such a wonderful family celebration!!

Judy said...

Happy belated birthday to Michael!

By the way, Tyler's 2 and a half, too - birthday October 21, 2004. This potty training thing is an on/off thing. Today, we're off, although he has asked to go to the potty, just AFTER he goes. Oh well. I'm not really ready for this anyway!

And, I know what you mean about the heat from the candles...here's a link to the cake I made for my grandmother's 90th birthday - check out the FLAME!

http://judysbragblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/cake.html

Katrina said...

Mmmm...licking the beaters was my favorite part of helping my mom bake!

Happy 35th, Michael! (That's a lot of candles!)