Thursday, April 12, 2007

Only in Texas...


This pic was received via email and was not taken by anyone I know - I don't think! Anyway, this was the strangest Easter I can ever remember - temps in the 30's & 40's with snow falling in areas all around us!


For those that don't know, the bluebonnet is our state flower and only blooms for a short time at the beginning of spring. If you have kids, it is a must that you drive to a field to get the coveted 'kids sitting in the middle of the bluebonnets' picture each year! I wish I knew where this was taken because I'd be making the drive! Take a look at that tree - I think it's just one anyway. It appears to be a huge Oak tree, and it's not unusual to find them like this in areas that are open and un-touched - or at universities around the state where they have been preserved!

1 comments:

Katrina said...

Great photo! And that tree is so deliciously verdant looking that I just want to climb up inside it and hide! I love the bluebonnets...how pretty!