Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Treat for Me!!!

Well, last night didn't work out exactly like I'd hoped, but I certainly can't complain. Though Michael agreed that we could go out to dinner, I changed my mind and decided to save the money by cooking at home. It was a relatively easy meal to throw into the oven, so I figured I should just 'suck it up' and cook. The fact that kids wouldn't stop crying and fighting with each other might have played a small part in my decision to not go out in public, but that's just a hunch.

After the kiddos finished inhaling their dinner (Ian had 2 bowls of casserole after eating a bowl of salad - guess the little booger was hungry!), we headed upstairs for jammies and teeth. After the kids had a fair amount of wrestling time with daddy, I took Morgann to her room to read "Lilo & Stitch" while Michael read a Thomas the Tank Engine book to the boys.

Once they were in bed, Michael allowed me to take a hot bubble bath while he ran to our favorite drive-thru daquiri shop. He brought home my favorite frozen yummy, a Pink Panther (Mai-Tai, Pina Colada), and gave me some time to decompress, while reading my newest People Magazine. We capped of the evening by watching 24 followed by Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, so I was in a good mood and very ready for bed by 11:30PM.

I am truly blessed to have a partner to help me get through the daily grind of being a mommy. I am so thankful that I do not have to walk this journey alone - I have a loving husband to help carry the load, and a loving Savior to help carry ME when I cannot walk any further!!!

P.S. Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I can always count on you guys to uplift me when my days get tough. You're a blessing to me and I appreciate you too :)

3 comments:

RosieBoo said...

I admire Mommies who have wonderful husbands. I'm a single never married gal, and I don't know how the single Mommies do it! Or Mommies I know that don't have sweet hubbies. It's great that you are thankful of the blessing of your husband!

Amy said...

wait...drive through daquiri shop?!?! WHAT?!?! I need this!! Okay, no, I really don't, but it sounds HEAVENLY! Oh, and so does your husband!! KEEP HIM!!

Katrina said...

What a guy! It sounds like you are both blessed to have each other. And you're right--sometimes a low-key night at home is just what you need, especially if it ends with a favorite treat and good TV. :)