Friday, February 09, 2007

Ruined Plans for the Weekend

Don't you just hate it when you make plans to do something, only to have them completely ruined 24 hours before they were supposed to happen? Thanks to our lovely (but typical) Texas weather, this exact thing has happened to us and I'm irritated!!!

After having temps of 70 degrees this week, with sunny skies and cool breezes, I figured that Saturday would be the perfect time for us to finally have a family day at the park. Alex received a bike for his 6th birthday, (his 7th birthday was in December), so Michael & I decided that it was time to actually use it. The plan was to take the kiddos and their bikes to the nearby park where Michael would spend some time teaching Alex to ride. It's a 2-wheeler, so this is a milestone for our little man. I was even planning a picnic!

This morning we woke up to clouds, rain and temps in the 40's! Uuuggghhh!!! Tomorrow's forecast: Cloudy with highs in the 50's. If it doesn't rain, we may still attempt the trip to the park, but a picnic is definitely out of the question. Why can't the weather ever cooperate with my plans?!?

2 comments:

Katrina said...

That is disappointing! I hope you get to reschedule!

Amy said...

Teaching my son to ride a two-wheeler was one of the absolutely most heart-wrenching things I have ever done. There is a reason why DADs should do it!!

A picnic sounds absolutely wonderful!! What a great idea. I hope that you were still able to have an enjoyable family day, whatever you decided to do!