Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Out of control

You know how it gets when Life starts getting the better of you? That's what has been happening to me lately. I haven't posted in a while, not because it's boring and there isn't anything to post about, but because I just can't seem to sit still long enough to put my thoughts down on paper...err, I mean screen. Thoughts...well, maybe not thoughts because I haven't had many of those lately. It's more like fleeting sparks that simply appear, then disappear. I've been down in the dumps allot (ok, we'll blame it on hormones because I don't want to think about what else might be causing it) and very, very tired! If I have time to sit & think, I don't. I sit, then fall asleep.

Take yesterday for example, I felt so bad (and I mean flu-type symptoms) and was so passed the point of exhaustion, that while sitting in the chair talking to my sister, I fell asleep! Then, continued to sleep after saying a quick goodbye to her, for 3 more hours! Then, after completing my nightly cycle of mommy tasks, went to bed early (@ 10:30PM) and slept for another 9 hours!

I feel much better today, but my list of things that HAVE to get done before Friday morning (when I have family arriving in town to stay with us for 3 days while my cousin gets married on Saturday) is sort of overwhelming, making me want to crawl back into bed while my little one sleeps. I know that I cannot do that today, because procrastination will only put more pressure on me tomorrow & Thursday, so I'm off to go clean something. And, really, any room I pick will be a huge task! So, I'd better get going!!!!

But, before I say goodbye, I just wanted to post something so that those that read my ramblings will know that I'm OK :) Two weekends ago, I attended the MOPS Convention in Nashville - can anyone say AWESOME? It's amazing what happens when you get more than 5,000 moms in one room, singing their hearts out to the Lord, being refreshed and rejuvenated!!! The speakers were amazing, the smaller group events were outstanding, and the fellowship I had with the 10 other ladies from my MOPS steering team was worth more than anything I could ever ask for. The help I received from my wonderful MIL, sister, and yes, hubby, was a precious gift! I was encouraged and uplifted, and after 4 days away, was ready to get home to my husband & kiddos. I was ready to face all of the challenges that being a mommy can present, and feel like I am equiped enough to handle Life, and all that goes with it :)

This passed weekend was Alex's first Cub Scout camp out. Can you say HOT? It was in the 90's with like 200% humidity, and no breeze! A typical Texas-style October :) I only stayed for part of the day on Saturday, then took the 2 little ones home for baths & bed. Hubby stayed at the camp with Alex and had allot of daddy/son bonding time. They fished, sat by the campfire roasting smores, tying knots, and talking. I know that the 2 of them made some wonderful memories together. I, on the other hand, slept comfortably in my bed, with the A/C on full blast, and the ceiling fan blowing on high :) My kind of camp-out!!!

So, that's all for now, I guess. I really need to sign-off now. If I don't get my butt upstairs to start picking up, I'm going to regret it!! Say a prayer for me, then have a wonderful Tuesday afternoon :)

0 comments: