Saturday, February 26, 2011

Humble beginnings

This is our garden. Well, let me rephrase, this is the box that will be our garden. Michael & I spent an hour & half in Lowe's walking back & forth & back again buying the wood, weed barrier, brackets, nails, gardening hand tools, and various & sundry other items today. It was a looooooong hour & a half, let me tell ya! And expensive too! Altho we bought a new weed-eater/edger and a new drill, so that contributed to the expense. But still, you'd think we were made out of money or something!! I was so excited yesterday when I left the garden center with all of our new plants, seeds, soil, and "stuff" for only $138. Little did I know the 4 bags of soil and 1 bag of compost wouldn't even begin to make a dent in filling our 7'x4'x10" garden box. Yeah, its looking as tho I will be buying allot more soil tomorrow. And can I just say that organic soil isn't cheap!


Oh well, I'll just keep reminding the hubby that eventually, we'll start to save money on our fruits & veggies & herbs/seasonings - eventually....

0 comments: