Thursday, May 29, 2008

Becoming a Big Boy

Since today was the official last day of school for Alex, I am officially on-the-clock as a stay at home mommy - no more galavanting for me! I tend to try to stick closer to home when all 3 kiddos are in my care, so I figured this would be the perfect time to begin potty training!
This evening I took Ian to buy himself a new potty, which he promises to use beginning tomorrow. He picked it out himself and insisted on carrying it to the register (while sitting in the cart holding it in his lap since the box was almost as big as he is!)
We also purchase some new big boy underwear - Thomas the Tank Engine, of course!

And we purchased stickers to use on one of many FREE potty training charts I discovered online this evening.

And, when all else fails, I'm armed with lots of bleach and laundry detergent :)

And so begins my official summer vacation!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Woohooo! Go Jennifer! You can do it!!!

(Just figured you might appreciate some cheerleading in this challenging endeavor. I'm sure it will go great!)

Judy said...

WAH HOO! Let us know how it goes...we are STILL working on ours (it is a poop thing).

Mama Chris said...

More power to ya! Remember YOU are the mom. Even so, I think you will have to appeal to the Higher Power!!

We will celebrate with you....