Tuesday, May 27, 2008

13 & Counting

Today, I celebrate 13 years of marriage to a wonderful man. I truly believe that God brought us together, then saw fit to bless us with 3 beautiful, healthy kiddos! And I know that God has a huge sense of humor when it comes to putting 2 different personalities together and expecting them to live in love & harmony.

Do you know why I would think this?

Because only Michael & I could find the humor in celebrating our 13th anniversary by eating, with our children, under the Golden Arches :) Me, the person that absolutely hated McD's and grimaced every time he took me there during our dating years - the things we do for love, right? Him, the man that always threatened to take me there for a special occasion, adding a table cloth & candles to make the venue a bit more romantic, but not breaking the bank or budget.

Well honey, you forgot the table cloth & candles, but I always knew you were a man of your word...I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary meal with the one man I love, and 3 children that steal my heart each & every day. OK, well maybe I could have, but it was special and fun, and oh so us!

I love you!! Happy 13th Anniversary to the love of my life!!!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy 13th anniversary, you two! And I think the Golden Arches is a fitting memorial to a couple which has grown into a family. We've taken to including our kids in our anniversary plans the last couple of years, enabling us to take weekend trips that we wouldn't have been able to take without them because we didn't want to leave them overnight. Maybe when they're older!

Judy said...

Happy anniversary! Glad you had a "nice" dinner! Tee hee!

mamatutwo said...

Happy Anniversary, Jen! 13 years is quite an accomplishment! Congratulations!

Mama Chris said...

Congratulations on 13 years of living together and surviving intact!

Your family is a sweet blessing to Bob & I.