Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No Water, No Fun!

It's the little things that you learn to appreciate...like having a roof over your head that doesn't leak...or better yet, a ceiling that doesn't fall down on your head, or your electronic equipment! You see, we've been having an 'issue' with water randomly dripping from the ceiling in our living room, right in front of the area where our TV and stereo and gaming equipment sit. It started in October of 2006, and has randomly happened several times since then. We've alerted our landlords of this little problem several times, but each time, it's gone ignored, since the water would suddenly stop dripping. But, last night, about 45 minutes after baths had been taken, the drip started again. And, it continued for 2 hours, progressively getting worse, until we finally called the management company at 10:15PM! And, as I figured, they told us to turn the water off, and they would deal with it 'in the morning'. I was OK with that; did I have a choice really?

So, my morning started at 6:15 when I had to put shoes on to run outside, into the rain, to turn the water back on. Remember, its the little things...being able to flush a toilet, brush your teeth, take a shower... By 7:30, we were all racing around getting ready for school, work, etc., all the while thinking that we'd be getting a call at any moment that a plumber was enroute. But, by 11AM, I still had no call, and had to use the restroom badly :( Thankfully, after several attempts, I finally spoke with the landlord about our little situation, and she quickly apologized saying that she thought her hubby had forgotten to call a plumber this morning. You think?!?!?

So, here I sit, with no water, waiting on a plumber to check & diagnose the problem. Michael & I think it's a pipe, since we can hear water dripping upstairs, and the leak all but stops when the water is turned off. But, a repair, underneath an upstairs bathtub doesn't sound like any small feat! So, we're thinking that by nightfall, we will probably have, at the very least, a huge hole in the ceiling of our living room, and, I'm guessing, still no water! But, what do I know? I'm not a professional plumber...I'm just guessing...and I'm really, really hoping that my guess is completely wrong!!! Living with no water for even 1 more hour isn't my idea of fun!

0 comments: