Sunday, September 30, 2007

Our Newest Addition

At less than 5 weeks old, she won't be able to come home with us until after October the 10th, but she's ours and we're all very excited about her homecoming! She's a little black toy poodle - isn't she adorable?!? Morgann & I picked her out when she was just 10 days old, then prayed that her personality would be a good match for our family. After visiting with her today, I think she's going to be perfect for us :) She just laid in the kid's laps and licked (and chewed just a bit) on their fingers, then fell asleep in my hands while I was holding her. It must be a sign...our cat did the exact same thing to me when I first held her, and she's turned out to be a great pet for us. So, I'm praying that she will continue to be very easy-going and sweet. And, best of all, she will remain small - only 8 pounds or so when fully grown, possibly smaller, which I'm hoping for.

Anyone wanna help name her?

3 comments:

Judy said...

Aw, she's a cutie!

Katrina said...

How adorable!!! I bet your kids are over the moon excited! Let's see, names...

*Dusky (cuz she's black)
*Zimrah (okay, that's one of my WoW characters, but it's a neat name, nonetheless!)
*Jinx
*Rina (Hebrew name meaning "joy")
*Katrina or Trina (it wouldn't be the first time a dog was named after me; it's better than a hurricane!)
*Sheba
*Inky
*Elizabeth Bennett (Bennett for short)

Heehee, this is fun! I'm sure you'll come up with a wonderful name--you'll have to tell us when you do! :)

RosieBoo said...

How cute!!

Ok names...

Audrey...she's a classic poodle, just reminds me of Audrey Hepburn

Lucy...as in Van Pelt...she has black hair too

Chara (or Charo, like the cuban)...."chara" is the Greek word for Joy. (I took Katrina's lead..)