Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tooting My Own Horn!

Just thought I'd brag a bit...I'm officially finished with my Christmas shopping!
(Cue Angels singing "The Hallelujah Chorus")

After no fewer than 6 hours of shopping with my 2 year old on
Friday, I officially took care of the last of our Christmas gift list. I think this is the first time in about 5 years that we've finished earlier than the week of Christmas - and one year, Christmas Eve! Michael even went shopping for me yesterday!!! It's such a relief to not have that hanging over my head any longer (just don't get me started on the wrapping that awaits!).

And, yes, I know that Christmas isn't about the gifts, but I do think that there should be some thoughtfulness in giving that special gift to that certain someone. Sure, a few of our family will be getting cold, hard cash, but that's what they've asked for. But, I also purchased them a little something that I thought they would enjoy. For me, putting thought and care into the purchase really matters. Of course, there have been years of desperation when I've been so tired, or crunched for time, that a good-old gift card has been the answer to my prayers, but this year, I started looking early, and managed to come up with a few gifts that I think are very clever, and, hopefully, appreciated by the recipients. I'll have to expound on that subject after Christmas since I have several family members that read this blog, but I have to say that I'm really excited about seeing them open their gifts, and am hoping for that special glimmer of joy & excitement when they see what they've been given.

I love Christmas and all that it stands for!!! The Reason for our celebration being the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the act of giving to others, be they strangers, with gifts to the local food pantry, or family during the holiday.

May God richly bless you & your family this holiday season! And, for those that still haven't conquered their gift list, I wish you the best of luck in finding the perfect gift...before Christmas Eve :)

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!!!


3 comments:

Amy said...

I tried to comment yesterday but it wouldn't let me. I love the pic and I'm one of those who can relate to having the shopping DONE so you can enjoy the holiday! (I think I'm done, but there's always that one that you forgot!!)

Katrina said...

Wow, what a perfect Santa picture! I can barely even get a photo of either of my two looking at the camera, so I am amazed!

Congrats on finishing the Christmas shopping (I'm done early, too! Yippeee!)

Jennifer said...

The picture was a fluke! Not only was no one crying, they were all fairly cooperative, so I took advantage of the situation and had a friend snap the photo - quickly! Very rarely do we get a picture of the kiddos all looking at the camera; someone is usually crying or fussing about having their picture taken. Needless to say, the sister photo to this one - one without Ian's fingers in his mouth - were sent en-mass with our Christmas cards this year :) Any idea how expensive it is to print 60 4x6 photos? It's pricey, let me tell ya!