Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The 6 Days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, my sister & brother-in-law gave to me...a box of 40 wadded up $1 bills :)

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...half of his Christmas bonus to go buy my much-desired (and much-needed) HP laptop (which came with a free 3 in 1 printer and a $100 gift card) :)

On the third day of Christmas, my aunt gave to me...a basket full of 'Cocolotus' scented body essential from Ulta :)

On the forth day of Christmas, my mother-in-law gave to me...a box/can full of nicely rolled $1 bills - 50 of them to be exact!

On the fifth day of Christmas, Santa gave to me...an early-morning wake up call with squeeling children and lots of hoopla and fun for everyone :)

On the sixth day of Christmas, my uncle-in-law gave to me...more money via a funny Christmas card :)

So, overall, I had a wonderful Christmas. Of course it wasn't all about me, but since this is my blog and I very rarely blog about myself, I decided to change things up a bit. I got more than the laptop, money and body lotions, but in order to make the 'theme' work, I had to choose only 1 item to mention. In addition to those items, I received warm (not sexy) jammies from Victoria's Secret from hubby (something I ask for every year and never get, so you can imagine my surprise and excitement!), a Christian novel by a favorite author (Karen Kingsbury), thimbles from Norway (for my collection from my SIL), a pink ribbon Christmas tree ornament (in memory of my mom), and definitely more that I'm not remembering right now.

Of course, the kiddos had a blast to, but by the 6th day, they were asking if Christmas was over yet! I guess having a birthday only 1 or 3 weeks away from Santa's appearance does make opening presents a bit of a chore after so many days.

Granted, the length of our Christmas celebrations isn't necessarily by choice, but more due to the distance we live from various family members, and the fact that we can't ever seem to get the entire family together, in one place, at one time.

So, here's hoping that you had a very Merry Christmas, received lots of the things you wanted or asked for, and that the weekend ahead will bring you a very blessed & prosperous New Year!!!

1 comments:

Katrina said...

The can full of rolled dollar bills is such a fun gift! Think of all the times you wish you had a one on you for that drink/snack/pen/tip/gizmo. So cool--Mommy Money. :D