Friday, December 15, 2006

Alex's Letter

Today while cleaning up the house for Morgann's 4th birthday party tomorrow, I stumbled across this:

Dear Santa I wish For a two Wheeler scooter, and a toy shotgun and a Toy phone And a stufft Animel that is soft and please Stuffup my stoking well will you please Thank you Love Alex
(typed exactly as it was written)

Have I mentioned that I love this time of year? I hope my sweet 7 year old boy never outgrows the magic of Santa!!!


*Addendum: I talked to Alex last night about mailing his letter to Santa (which we never do; I keep them safely tucked away in one of my dresser drawers) and he informed me that this was his "practice" letter. He gave the real letter to his teacher. Hmmm...I'm hoping that said teacher will be kind enough to forward said letter to me for safe-keeping! At any rate, I love the fact that there was a "practice" letter written in the first place. Michael informed me that he actually saw the 1st part of the "real" letter and it started with "Dear Santa, How are you? How are your reindeer?" That's all he saw, but I'm sure it only got better from there :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

awww!! We don't do the Santa thing at our house, but I love the eyes of a child this time of year, too!! There is no greater gift in this world, than to be loved by a child, is there? (well, other than being loved by God, but pardon me the expression anyway!)

Just D said...

I'm here via Fireflies and frogs - your son's letter was very sweet! We don't write to Santa either, but we do "believe" - my youngest is 9 and the olders are still helping her to believe even though they don't any longer. It's so fun - all the magic in our otherwise sometimes scary world.

Katrina said...

That a great Santa--very jolly-looking!

I hope your son's Santa letter makes its way into your hands, too!