Friday, May 26, 2006

A Day to Remember

Happy Anniversary to me...Happy Anniversary to me...Happy Anniversary to me (and, ok, Michael too)...Happy Anniversary to me :)

Tomorrow (Saturday), we celebrate 11 years of married bliss! I can hardly believe it's been that long...err...I mean that it's only been that long...err...I can hardly believe it!!! And, yes, we're celebrating this year. We have arranged for a babysitter to come relieve us of our parental duties for a short 6 hours, followed by a recruited grandmother (Michael's mom) to relieve the babysitter, followed by an aunt (Michael's sister) who has graciously agreed to spend the night with our little monkies. Meanwhile, Michael and I will spend some much-deserved time alone, seeing a movie (for the first time in about a year), having a quiet, romantic dinner, and finally a night all to ourselves - for FREE thanks to those wonderful reward points I earned while working as an events planner several years ago, using 1 specific, large hotel chain for meetings and accommodations. Boy, was that smart-thinking on my part or what?!?

So, I sign off and drift off to dreamland, in hopes of bringing my (I mean our) day off from life & parenthood here sooner! You know, like when you tell your kids "If you hurry and go to bed, fall asleep really quick, and do not get up, for any reason, Santa will come sooner!" That's the goal, anyway :)

0 comments: