Friday, October 07, 2005

Finally!!!

Today is the kind of day that makes me want to spend every waking moment outside! It's a beautiful, crisp fall morning - finally!!! There is a wonderful, cool breeze blowing and the sun is tucked behind he clouds. I actually pulled one of my jog suits from the back of the closet to wear as I watched Alex walk himself to the bus stop this morning. I have to admit, I'm wishing I didn't have to head to work later today - I want to take the 2 younger kiddos to the park to play. But, alas, father time won't allow such an event since I'm having to gauge everything I do around that darned clock! If only days like this would last forever!!!

I'm not one for sweat, so summer in Texas is my least favorite time of the year. Winters don't really count since we technically only have like 2 weeks of really cold weather. If my winter coats come out of the closet, it's a rare occassion! Spring is a great reprieve from the gloomy winter months, but they don't last very long either - it starts getting hot too fast for my liking. Autumn is my favorite because, for one, I don't sweat. I can wear pants with short sleeves or sweaters, giving me the ability to make the most of my very limited wardrobe. It's cool enough to take the kids out to play regardless of the time of day (during the summer, the best time to play outside is when it's dark); they can play outside without the bulky coats that might be required during the colder weather, and without fear of heat stroke during the spring/summer. It's also the prettiest time of year, even though we don't have the pretty colors that Katrina might have. Although, you might see the occassional tree with a few orange, red or yellow leaves, I wouldn't consider that the norm around here.
School is in full swing, the holidays are just around the corner, and the year is approaching it's end, with the hope of a wonderful new year to come. Yep, Autumn is what I'd consider the perfect season!

3 comments:

Harleys said...

Ahh, yes. Autumn. And here I sit with my hot chocolate waiting for that first snowflake to hit the ground. With any kind of luck, winter will be late this year. Enjoy!!!

Katrina said...

Days like this are meant to be seized! I hope you get a lot of them this year, and that the grouchy clock lets you off the hook to play now and then...lol!

I also enjoy the expanded wardrobe possibilities that fall brings. Now I can wear the other eighty percent of what's in my closet!

Rabbity-Sniff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.