Monday, July 18, 2005

I'm in Trouble...

I guess when a 2 year old little girl feels compelled to find the pretty colored markers, that's one thing. She doesn't like black or brown...it's usually the red or pink or purple marker that she selects when coloring a pretty picture. But, when she selects the 'pretty' marker, then proceeds to draw on her lips (like lipstick) and each & every fingernail & toenail (like polish), I'm guessing this means that I'm in some serious trouble when she reaches her teenage years?!?! This is what she's done every morning for the last 3 days!!! It used to be my makeup, but, thank God, she's given up that idea - I think the spankings she got probably helped her make that very wise decision.

I guess it's safe to say that I absolutely got the 'Girlie Girl' that I had prayed for when I found out that I was pregnant for the 2nd time. She loves to dress up, have her toenails polished, fix her hair into 'big pigtails', and wear her pretty dress-up shoes. And, on occassion, when we have no place to go, I will oblige her and put on a bit of makeup. However, it's never anything more than the 'left-overs' on my blush brush, powder brush or eye shadow applicator. But, it appears that my doing so has created a monster. She loves to play dress-up, and I guess the 'look' isn't complete without a touch of color :)

Oh yes. Did I mention that she's currently walking around with 2 tatoos? One on each arm, to be exact! Guess I should thank my lucky stars that one is all roses, the other is a pretty pink butterfly - courtesy of her Aunt :) Seems harmless enough considering she's only 2. Kids can get away with that kind of cute stuff! But, now that I think about it, I wonder if this is just going to encourage her to get a REAL pretty tatoo when she's older, like my putting on pretend makeup has encouraged her to embellish her appearance on her own? Oh no!! What have I done?

2 comments:

jon said...

This is Jon's wife, not Jon (ziggythoughts.blogspot.com) I just don't have a blog and it was easier to just use his thingy.

When my second daughter was that age, she had quite the will (what am I saying...HAD???). She is 6 now. Anyway, we couldn't go anywhere without some sort of ballerina outfit on (she never even took dance), and some type of hideous "clack-clack" shoes, and a hat that sure as heck didn't match anything, and no tights mind you, not even in the dead of winter. At least she wasn't naked, which seemed to be her favorite outfit at the time. I got looks all the time, but hey, they didn't have to live with her!!! Have fun....enjoy "girlhood"!!! I can't believe how fast it goes. Boy do I sound old saying that!

Rabbity-Sniff said...

Yeah, I guess it's the little things we do now that make a big deal down the road - I can't be certain though since my oldest is 2. She decided to put eyeliner on her dolly and then said, "Oh no!" as if to say, "Hey, who defaced my dolly?!" My husband decided that I should put makeup on in secret from now on. I think he's a little extreme - he doesn't want her to wear makeup, earrings, nail polish . . . yet he says that I look nice when I do all that. Hmm. Well, we'll see what happens. In the meantime, thanks SO much for having a blog of interesting stories about your kids. I love it!!