Friday, January 08, 2010

Below Freezing...and Dropping!

We live in Texas - for a reason! We aren't used to having temps in the freezing zone, much less below freezing! And to hear that temps will be in the teens tonight and not be above freezing tomorrow just makes for a miserable weekend!


And I have plans...to be out of the house tomorrow! What was I thinking?!?

Oh, and then we have the little problem of the frozen pipe on the side of the house - the one that had a hose attached to it that neither Michael nor I disconnected, even when I suggested to Michael that he go out to do so - yes, I am blaming him, and he's blaming me for not doing it myself. Anyway, said hose is full of frozen water, making it weigh more than my youngest child! And the water in the pipe - frozen solid! I'm praying that it will start to melt - even slightly - so that we don't end up with a bigger problem :( When he gets home, we'll be going out with rags and duck tape to wrap it up, along with the 2 other outside faucets that are thankfully not full of frozen water.

And yet...the kids want to go outside to play! With temps below 30, they would prefer to brave the elements to ride bikes, than to stay inside, where its warm, coloring. The coloring, which was their idea, lasted for 10 minutes. We'll see how long the playing-outside-idea lasts :)

1 comments:

Judy said...

I miss the warm house bit...wish they'd come fix the furnace with these in-the-teens temps we're having coupled with single-digit wind-chills! Brrrrr!