Monday, July 24, 2006

Promises, Promises

Well, I keep telling myself that today is the day that I will finally sweep and mop my laundry/kitchen/breakfast room floors. Every single day, today has been the day! Yet, by the end of the day, the floor jumps up and screams at me that I failed to actually follow through with my promise, again! Well, OK, so I exaggerate a tad - it doesn't jump up...but it does sit there staring at me as if to say "Promises, promises!!!"

So, I decided this morning that today was most definitely the day. But, as of now, it's looking like maybe I meant that tomorrow would be the day. It's absolutely filthy - stains and sticky stuff everywhere, and don't even get me started with the crumbs! For those that frequent this blog, you all already know my distaste for housework. But for those that aren't familiar, you can read previous posts about said hatred.

And, just so you'll know, I really am not a procrastinator. I grew up with one, and live with one, so it is my duty to NOT be one. But, it seems that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to actually doing something that I don't enjoy - or, to be quite honest, hate with a passion!!! It's just that other duties call...like cleaning off the top of hubby's desk so that I can actually put a glass down, or, better yet, do some work...and, of course, reading other people's blogs! This, afterall, is my one & only vice - well, almost :)

So, here I sit, talking about cleaning the floors, instead of actually cleaning them! I mean, that's what housekeepers are for, right? I have one now (thank you so much hubby!!!), but she only comes once a month, and, I'm saving my next cleaning for the day before a party that I'll be hostessing here. So, I guess I have a few choices to make: (1) Finish this post, then get back to work at cleaning off the desk and getting hubby organized; (2) Walk away from the desk that is only 1/2 cleared off and focus on getting the floors cleaned; (3) Put it off until tomorrow.

Hmmm...decisions, decisions....

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Right there with ya, sister! I hate housework; floors the most, laundry a close second. I much prefer blogging about housework to doing it.

I would love to get a maid, but I think if you do that for a tiny little apartment like ours, people laugh at you.

p.s. I love your profile photo! What a beautiful, happy-looking family you have there. :D

Rabbity-Sniff said...

It is SOOO much easier and more welcoming to sit and relax while writing or reading blogs. My floors have been screaming at me too!!! So I cleaned half of it this morning. Yep, you guessed it, I should be cleaning the other half now - but I'm reading blogs. I used to think there was nothing worse than a filthy floor. Now I know there's nothing worse than being pregnant with your third. Good luck with the floors - at least they don't really bother you until they are black : )