Sunday, June 19, 2005

Posting from a Newbie


As this is my very first posting, please bear with me as my thoughts might be a bit scattered. I'm currently typing at the same time my older son is coming in & out of the office asking a variety of questions, and basically vying for my attention from my current task at hand, which is to type this blog. My primary reason for becoming a blogger is to allow my family & friends the opportunity to hear about my day or week, without my having to re-hash the day's events over & over again via email or phone call. My (real) hope is that this will be my therapy outlet :)

As the title so plainly states, my life is very chaotic - what house with three kids under the age of 6 years wouldn't be, right? Well, never in a million years did I dream that things would become so complicated! But I constantly find myself learning lessons from all 3 of my children, and sometimes...hold onto your seats because I'm actually going to say it...my husband of 10 years!

Just as a matter of information for those that might be interested, I am a mother of 3 (as I stated earlier for those that might not be paying attention) and a wife of 1 (don't think I could handle any more than that, to be totally honest!). My children are Alex (5 1/2 - don't forget that half because he's very unforgiving!), Morgann (2 1/2, and every bit adept at trying my patience!) and Ian (a sweet 9 month old, official this Tuesday). My husband Michael (a brilliant IT professional) and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary - I can't believe it's been that long, yet, it seems like we've been together forever! I'll have to post more on our relationship at a later time, but suffice it to say for now that our lives have gone through a rapid change since the birth of our first child. As we've added to our family, life has seemingly become more & more difficult - not necessarily in a bad way! I guess saying 'difficult' is code for chaotic. At times, all 3 kids may be crying, talking at the same time, yelling for our attention, or just loudly playing and laughing. The latter usually ends up as crying because someone has either gotten hurt or just had their feelings hurt. There is absolutely never a dull moment in this house, and some of these not-dull moments I plan to share from time to time.

At this moment, it has come to my attention that I should sign-off. My older son is having some difficulty with the Shrek 2 game that he is playing on his Nintendo Gamecube, so he's beconning me to 'help him make the black birds explode' so he can move on from his current playing level. I know you're probably thinking that causing sweet little black birds to explode may not be the best thing for a 5 (and a half) year old boy to work at, but it's all very innocent if you understand the game :)

1 comments:

cori said...

okay...i book-marked you on my favorites...show me some chaotic adventures :) yeah! i'm proud of you for doing this. remember - have fun!